Welcome to vegan - Community Ecology Package project!
'vegan' is a CRAN package for the analysis of ecological communities. It has tools for analysing ecological diversity, and for the multivariate analysis of communities (NMDS, pCCA, pRDA etc.)
What is in vegan?
Vegan contains many popular tools used in community ecology. The following list is not exhaustive, but lists only some popular tools:
- Diversity analysis: Shannon, Simpson, Fisher indices, Rényi diversities and Hill numbers.
- Species abundance models: Fisher and Preston models, species abundance distributions.
- Analysis of species richness: species accumulation curves, extrapolated richness.
- Ordination: support and meta functions for NMDS, redundancy analysis, constrained correspondence analysis, constrained analysis of proximities (all three with partial analysis),
- Support functions for ordination: dissimilarity indices, extended dissimilarities, Procrustes analysis, ordination diagnostics, permutation tests.
- Ordination and environment: vector fitting, centroid fitting and smooth surface fitting, adding species scores as weighted averages, adding convex hull, SD ellipses, arrows etc. to ordination.
- Dissimilarity analyses: ANOVA using dissimilarities, ANOSIM, MRPP, BIOENV, Mantel and partial Mantel tests.
- Data standardization: Hellinger, Wisconsin, Chi-square, Beals smoothing.
Here some pointers to vegan resources:
$Date: 2013-01-04 10:43:18 +0100 (Fri, 04 Jan 2013) $